Return to Main Contents
chdist - script to easily play with several distributions
] [command parameters
is a rewrite of what used to be known as 'MultiDistroTools'
(or mdt). Its use is to create 'APT
trees' for several distributions,
making it easy to query the status of packages in other distribution
without using chroots, for instance.
- -h, --help
Provide a usage message.
- -d, --data-dir DIR
Choose data directory (default: $HOME/.chdist/).
- -a, --arch ARCH
Choose architecture (default: `dpkg --print-architecture`).
Display version information.
- create DIST [URL RELEASE SECTIONS]
Prepare a new tree named DIST
- apt-get DIST <update|source|...>
Run apt-get inside DIST
- apt-cache DIST <show|showsrc|...>
Run apt-cache inside DIST
- apt-rdepends DIST [...]
Run apt-rdepends inside DIST
- src2bin DIST SRCPKG
List binary packages for SRCPKG in DIST
- bin2src DIST BINPKG
List source package for BINPKG in DIST
- compare-packages DIST1 DIST2 [DIST3, ...]
- compare-bin-packages DIST1 DIST2 [DIST3, ...]
List versions of packages in several DISTributions
- compare-versions DIST1 DIST2
- compare-bin-versions DIST1 DIST2
Same as compare-packages/compare-bin-packages, but also runs
dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer.
- compare-src-bin-packages DIST
Compare sources and binaries for DIST
- compare-src-bin-versions DIST
Same as compare-src-bin-packages, but also run dpkg --compare-versions
and display where the package is newer
- grep-dctrl-packages DIST [...]
Run grep-dctrl on *_Packages inside DIST
- grep-dctrl-sources DIST [...]
Run grep-dctrl on *_Sources inside DIST
List available DISTs
This program is copyright 2007 by Lucas Nussbaum and Luk Claes. This
program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
It is licensed under the terms of the GPL, either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.